Raid your scrap bins and make a cool geometric block, swirl pillow, mini quilt and so much more with my original Vortex English paper pieced block design.
Perfect for using up small scraps of fabric, this block is both easy to make and creates an awesome 3D effect!
Be sure to check out my tutorials for ideas on how you can tesselate multiple blocks to make your own unique quilt.
In this pattern, you will find detailed written instructions and step by step diagrams showing you how to make a single Vortex block in 3 sizes as well as a bonus project for turning a large block into a zipped back Pillow.
Perfect for beginners, this pattern shows you how to prepare your pieces using the English Paper Piecing Method.
- 18 page digital quilt pattern (19 pages US/LETTER)
- Step by Step diagrams showing piecing and construction of a single block.
- Full Size English Paper Piecing Templates included for you to print at home, cut out and use.
- Small Block measures 8 1/4" x 8 3/4" approx.
- Medium Block measures 10" x 11 1/2" approx.
- Large Block measures 12 1/4" x 13" approx.
- Paperpieces.com SKU codes included to make purchasing paper templates easier
- Suitable for beginners
Additional images shown represent how you might tessellate multiple #hexievortexblock together. Instructions for these options are NOT included in the pattern download. Be sure to check out my tutorials for ideas on how you can tesselate multiple blocks to make your own unique quilt.
This is for the digital pattern ONLY - No physical product will be sent to you.
This pattern is available in two sizes: one has been formatted for printing on ISO A4 paper (21cm x 29.7cm) and the other is for US/ LETTER paper (8 1/2" x 11")
Please ensure that choose the correct variant for your region.