How to transfer an appliqué design to dark fabrics
If you are planning to use a dark background fabric for your English Country Garden quilt and don't have a lightbox, you might be wondering how to use the Appliqué placement guide in the patterns.
Below is an excerpt from my live Twitch stream in which I demonstrate how I do this using the Prick & Pounce method.
You will need:
- Your background fabric cut to size according to the pattern.
- An 18" square of Freezer Paper
- Tailors Awl or an unthreaded sewing machine
- The appliqué placement template from your pattern
- An hot DRY iron (Steam will make the freezer paper wrinkle badly)
- Talcum or Baby Powder
- Cotton Wool Ball(s)