How to remove EPP paper templates before appliqué
If you are planning to machine appliqué your basted shapes to the background fabric, you will need to remove your paper EPP templates before you start stitching.
Here's how I prepare my shapes for machine appliqué:
1. Lightly spray the front of a prepared shape with regular spray starch and press with a dry iron. Leave to cool fully.
2. Using a cuticle stick or stiletto, loosen the seam allowance from the paper template.
3. Carefully remove the paper template from the prepared shape.
4. Lightly press again from the WRONG side only. Allow to cool.
5. Apply a few drops of basting glue to the seam allowance only and apply to your background block.