How to remove EPP Paper templates after Hand Appliqué
Once you have stitched your paper shapes down onto the background fabric, you will want to remove them.
I prefer to do this as I go (after each shapes has been stitched) so that my work remains pliable and easy to handle.
Removing paper templates AFTER appliqué
- Stitch around your shape(s).
- Turn your work over to the back (wrong) side and using a seam ripper or sharp embroidery scissors make a small incision in the background fabric only behind the shape you have just stitched.
- Cut away the background fabric leaving at least ¼” seam allowance.
- Using a cuticle stick or stiletto, loosen the fabric seam allowance from the paper template.
- Carefully remove the paper template from the prepared shape.