Monthly Mini Make - How to make a Shamrock Mug rug
I love making mug rugs! They are the perfect little projects for me to get my EPP (English Paper Piecing) fix without having to embark on a long project.
This little mug rug can be started and finished in just a couple of hours.
You will need:
- (6) 3/4" Jewel Paper Templates (Paperpieces.com SKU JWL075)
- (6) GREEN fabric scraps measuring 2" x 2.5"
- (1) 8" square of foam stabiliser (such as Bosal In-R-Form)
- (1) 8" square of LIGHT background fabric
- (1) 11" square of GREEN backing/ binding fabric
You can watch this short video showing me making one of these mug rugs on my live Twitch stream. The stream was 2 hours long and I had a lot of distractions during the making process, but I hope you can see just how achievable this is in a short period of time.
Let me know if you make one in the comments below! Don't forget to share your progress on social media using the hashtag #shamrockmugrug and #hexadoodlequiltpattern