How to transfer an appliqué or embroidery design to a dark background fabric
Some of the participants in the English Country Garden quilt along are using dark background fabrics for their blocks.
So just how do you transfer an appliqué or embroidery design to a dark background fabric especially if don't have a lightbox?
Below is an excerpt from my live Twitch stream in which I demonstrate how I do this using the Prick & Pounce method.
You will need:
- Your background fabric cut to size according to the pattern.
- An 18" square of Freezer Paper
- Tailors Awl or an unthreaded sewing machine
- The appliqué placement template from your pattern
- An hot DRY iron (Steam will make the freezer paper wrinkle badly)
- Talcum or Baby Powder
- Cotton Wool Ball(s)